Adaptil Calm On‑The‑Go Collar Medium & Large Dog 70cm
|Availability:||In stock (2)|
When the Adaptil collar is in snug contact with the dog’s skin, the dog’s body temperature warms the collar and encourages the diffusion of pheromones into the local environment. Two sizes of Adaptil collar are available for puppy/small dogs (fits neck up to 45cm) and medium/large dogs (fits neck up to 70cm).
Adaptil, formally known as DAP, is a synthetic copy of the natural canine appeasing pheromone proven to help support dogs in a range of stressful situations.
The new collar is grey in collar and now features an improved buckle for fitting The Adaptil name is also now printed on the collar also in braille.
Adaptil, formally known as DAP, is canine specific, odourless, non-sedative, non-systemic and can be used alongside all other types of medication.
The efficacy of Adaptil, formally known as DAP, has been demonstrated in 18 studies published in scientific journals and at veterinary conferences around the world.
• For puppies Adaptil is shown to help puppies settle in a new home and to have significant positive effects on puppy socialisation . Fitting a DAP collar to puppies from 6-16 weeks helps puppies develop into confident, well-behaved adult dogs and significantly reduces the likelihood of anxiety-related conditions developing in later life.
• For adult dogs Adaptil has also been shown to help dogs cope in kennels , during rehoming and in a range of other stressful situations such as during firework exposure and car travel.
Adaptil, formally known as DAP,has been used by behaviourists, veterinary experts and welfare charities for the last 10 years.
It is vital the Adaptil, formally known as DAP, Collar is in close contact with the dog’s skin at all times.
Each collar lasts 4 weeks and can be replaced as required.
How to fit an Adaptil DAP collar
- Pass the loop through the end
- Pass the loop over the head
- Adjust to fit snugly and trim excess if necessary
- Check the collar at regular intervals. It must remain close against the dog's neck.